Our client, an interactive agency, seeks a Designer - Design Systems with 3+ years of experience.
This person will be part of an integrated team that we've created with one of their leading clients. You’ll have the opportunity to create design systems alongside a group of highly-skilled designers, creating engaging experiences. A digital agency background is mandatory, and ideally you will have worked with diverse teams.
- Contribute to the creation of holistic, elegant design systems with a high degree of polish and attention to detail
- Audit current implementations - identify potential areas for simplification
- Design with flexibility - adaptive to varying workflows, viewports, technologies, and locales
- Create prototypes to convey states, transitions and behavior
- Prepare design files for final documentation - ensure layout, typography, and specs are pixel perfect!
- Communicate flexibilities and/or limitations to both designers and development - as needed
- Collaborate with Art Directors and larger project teams to explore and iterate on design options
- Determine the best medium, and optimize design files for creative review – print, onscreen visuals, prototype, or code
- Create presentation flows - build on a foundation of design rationale
- Participate in healthy debates to ensure design systems are as robust and considered as possible
- Proficiency in the formal elements of design, with a strong focus on typography, balance, and proportion
- Systematic thinker - able to anticipate the impact of design decisions well in advance of their application
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills
- Passion for pixel-perfection and order. Unparalleled attention to detail
- 3 years experience in product design (especially for web), defining or extending design systems, and/or working within a brand’s strict style guidelines
- Photoshop and Sketch expertise, including file organization, and preparation of pixel-perfect files for design team use
- Clear communication and presentation skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences
- Understanding of web development, including HTML and CSS
- Preferred: UX and/or UI experience
- Preferred: Acuity in iconography
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Principle
- Preferred: BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB