Onward Search needs an Art Director for a multinational retail company.
You'll join their in-house marketing agency that is uniquely designed to help brands reach hundreds of millions of shoppers across their entire shopping journey, online and in stores.
The ideal candidate has strong conceptual, presentation, storytelling and project management skills, as well as digital media, and of course, an acute attention to detail. They are enthusiastic and optimistic; they are passionate about retail advertising and can transform creative concepts into thoughtful design work for our advertisers. They are a strategic + innovative thinker, have an ability to build and maintain professional relationships, possess strong business acumen, and effective time and project management skills. They can work harmoniously with and influence cross-functionally with multiple internal and external groups.
• Collaborate with other Art Directors, Designers, and Copywriters to create and produce compelling digital solutions that align with business objectives outlined in project briefs.
• Execute multiple creative concepts and design solutions to translate business needs into effective creative solutions. Ability to mentor designers to do the same.
• Explore trends and competitive landscape, incorporating appropriate use of color, type, tone, and style into digital design practices.
• Review and manage multiple projects with internal creative team and external agency partners.
• Provide dedicated creative support for top food and apparel brands, as well as consultants to brands and their agency partners.
• Familiarity with designing for web, mweb, and app, keeping the user journey in mind.
• 8+ years of creative experience. Experience in the omnichannel, multi-brand retail industry is preferred. Experience with food and/or apparel brands is a nice-to-have.
• College degree; BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or advertising.
• Must have an online portfolio URL in your resume, demonstrating an art direction, design and conceptual thinking skillset, as well as big, campaignable thinking that can extend into any medium
• Mastered knowledge of design, typography, photography, layout principles, & production process.
• Fluent understanding of current digital trends and social landscape, as well as their use in marketing.
• Proficient knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), as well as Figma is a must, After Effects/Motion experience is a plus.
• Ability to produce high-level art direction/inspiration that is appropriate for Omni channels - on site, off site, in store.
• Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented. Capable of working on multiple projects concurrently in a very fast-paced environment, ensuring that quality deliverables are achieved on time.
• Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines, across multiple disciplines within a rapidly changing organization. Enjoys working with others and collaborating with a positive attitude.
• Exceptional communication & presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• The drive to excel and succeed; self-motivated, managing projects effectively.
To learn more about this Art Director opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com.
Pay: $48 - $52 hourly
SHARE THIS JOB