Global Communications Company is seeking an Accessibility Specialist to join them onsite in Sunnyvale Ca for a 6 month+ project with the likelihood to go perm.
This role demands someone who enjoys engaging and working with a variety of people at all levels of the company and with a variety of cross-functional teams on multiple products simultaneously. A successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to clearly articulate technical concepts and issues to designers, software engineers, and product managers
- 5+ years of experience in creating or evaluating digital product accessibility
- Certified OTA, MA degree or equivalent in HCI, Education, Special Education, Disability Studies, or Vocational Rehabilitation
- Demonstrable public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Expert using assistive technology such as VoiceOver, TalkBack, NVDA, JAWS, ZoomText, switches and alternate input devices, and other assistive technology with mobile devices.
- Strong knowledge of industry accessibility guidelines and best practices such as WCAG 2.0 and 2.1, CVAA, and Section 508.
Apply now to be considered!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.