Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Digital Marketing at leading nutrition products company. As a Director of Digital Marketing, you’ll lead the company’s social, digital and influencer marketing efforts. This position works in lock-step partnership with the base brand team.
The Digital Marketing Director will report directly to the VP of Marketing. This position is responsible for the strategic development, planning, and execution of social, digital and influencer marketing efforts for various brands. This position will work with cross functional teams including agency, PR, legal, operation, sales and insights among others to develop and execute digital marketing plans, stay abreast of competitive and consumer trends, and identify new opportunities that will grow the brand.
This is a full-time opportunity located in the South Bay that kicks-off towards the beginning of February.
Lead in-house social/digital strategies, plans, and programming
Strategic Social/Digital leadership: 45%
- Develop the company’s strategic annual and 3-year roadmap for social/digital marketing
- Work in lock-step partnership with base brand teams and agencies to create breakthrough annual social/digital plans that are tightly linked with brand annual plans and build seamlessly on key brand initiatives and priorities
- Be immersed in consumer, industry, and marketing trends and showcase these in annual and 3-year plans
- Lead team through the flawless execution of annual social, digital and in-house social influencer plans
- Actively own all existing, emerging, and future social digital marketing channels
- Lead management of in-house social media sites, website, & company’s total presence on digital sites
- Lead content strategy for company owned social media sites and website
- Be a strong contributor and leader of best in class creative
- Contribute to the annual campaign big idea creative ideation (led by base brand). Adopt strategic direction of creative from base brand and create unique, disruptive creative on social platforms
- Develop best path to develop creative (in-house, agencies, crowd sourcing)
- Ensure social/digital becomes a competitive advantage by implementing right level of tracking and programming changes based on results. Develop and implement appropriate tracking of digital marketing efforts and share insights/findings with leadership quarterly. Recommend optimizations, new strategies, and tactics based on results
- Grow relationships with industry leaders and start-ups to ensure company’s brands stay at the vanguard of marketing innovation
- Develop social digital team toolkit and strong programming to make social and digital programming a key differentiator for retailers
Partner with the base brand, sales and e-commerce leads to ensure cohesive and best in class social media, digital and influencer marketing efforts across groups: 30%
- Partner with base brand and e-commerce teams to develop fiscal year plans for various brands
- Work closely with sales team to create ongoing social, digital and influencer programming for key retailers
- Work closely with agency partners to ensure social media, digital and influencer aspects of brand campaign are strategic and compelling in constantly changing social/digital landscape
Social Digital team development and broader influence. Mentor, coach, & inspire Social Digital team. Be a source of inspiration & positive energy across marketing team (e-commerce): 25%
- Inspire, mentor, and manage a team of digital marketers, who are dedicated to managing social and digital marketing efforts.
- Build talent, grow capabilities, and develop their influence and effectiveness across functions
- Inspire and create an atmosphere of positive energy and enthusiasm around social/digital marketing efforts, new initiatives, programming, and tactics.
- Push the marketing team to want to achieve more and be excited about social/digital
- Educate, inform, and assist base brand and e-commerce teams on evolving social/digital space
- Previous experience in digital marketing or relevant equivalent experience
- 8+ years total work experience, 5+ years in CPG, but not mandatory
- BA/BS from top tier university
- Exceptional verbal and nonverbal communications
- Experience with leading digital marketing campaigns within the consumer packaged goods space
- Passionate about digital marketing channels
- Strong ability to lead and inspire colleagues
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.