Our client, a marketing and advertising agency, is looking for a Senior Production Artist with 5+ years of experience.
This person will be responsible to carry out the execution of design concepts for graphic material, packaging, display and advertising projects, Technical duties include scaling, cropping, extending, minor retouching, repositioning, creating PDFs for print and client review and pre-flighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging for the preparation of final Assemblies. Must be accurate, fast, good listener with strong typographic skills, layout skills, organizational abilities. Ability to illustrate is a plus.
This person will report into the agencies Operations Manager (Pre-press/media and Print).
- Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of high quality Artwork, effectively using industry standard software, tools, and Print techniques
- Performs assigned tasks within the overall Production workflow and assigned budget
- Ensures client project team has most current information about the status of the assigned project(s) by logging and maintaining in project tracking system (e.g. ONE!) accurate records of:
- Project plan (sub-project or task) information
- Quality issues
- Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned task
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same
- Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change
- Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the company’s Strategic Imperatives
- Experience in Graphics Arts industry (e.g. Design Studio/Agency environment) or related field in manufacturing (i.e. Printing, Pre-Press) a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Adobe Indesign and Illustrator
- Basic Adobe Photoshop knowledge
- Color theory and color profile knowledge
- Proficient in Mac operating systems
- MS Office knowledge
- Understanding of effective Print, Photo Studio, and/or Digital production, processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends
- Basic to proficient experience in Pre-press/media and/or Creative Services and solutions
- Ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines through to artwork execution (e.g. digital, photographic, etc.)
- Flow type, place logos and compliance marks following precedent for style
- Build mechanicals, make die-lines
- Make high volume, complex revisions, ensure changes are consistent across assets
- Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in one or more areas of the organization
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with a moderate degree of supervision, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work, and to meet assigned deadlines
- Good people, organizational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Build mechanicals, make die-lines
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB