Our client, a leading global packaging, design, and production agency is looking for an experienced Digital Artist - Color & Retouching to join their team.
This person modifies and/or enhances images for basic to intermediate production assignments to incorporate in the final layout for assembly. Under the direction of the client project team, this role performs color manipulations, retouching, photo composition, color proofs, and printer-specific color corrections or modifications for packaging or digital (pre-media) layouts per project technical specifications.
- Consults with the team and attends project meetings to evaluate individual project needs
- Makes recommendations and/or changes to files that have been prepared for correct output
- Prints proofs on all available proofing devices
- Performs quality checks on proofs, including measuring color
- Creates ink recipes to match supplied color target provided by clients or printers - might involve a process to create a recipe, produce a proof, measure the results, and adjust until the target color is met
- Assembles high-quality proof presentations for clients
- Assembles mockups and sales samples
- Reviews quality of final product before releasing to client
- Ensures high-quality standards in all production client deliverables, including accurate, consistent, and timely completion of projects according to budget and project specifications
- Effectively uses industry-standard software, tools, and photo and color manipulation techniques such as photo composition, color manipulation, retouching, and scanning
- Ensures the client project team has the most current information about the status of the assigned project.
- 6+ years progressive color and retouching experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB