Our client, a top gaming company, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team for a 1+ year contract.
We are a group of DevOps engineers who collaborate with multiple teams to provide online services that enhance the game experience. We support a multi-billion-dollar video game ecosystem and various non-development business units. Our environments are continuously challenged by marketing promotions, game launches, and security threats. We are passionate about automation and ensuring high standards.
Who You Are:
- A self-starter with a considerable breadth of technical knowledge and the ability to dig deep when necessary
- Someone who communicates well with people across dozens of teams and practices
- An engineer with a passion for excellence, a devotion to automation, and an eye for efficiency
- A consummate problem solver
Who We Are:
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. As DevOps engineers our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from helping the developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. We focus heavily on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is robust, efficient, and supportable.
- Being the escalation path for on-call incident response and triage
- Performing root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention
- Creating configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines for all that we build
- Designing and delivering core infrastructure services
- Preemptively creating stability, security, and performance improvements via metric/monitoring analysis
- Making sure every service has a complete high-availability and disaster recovery story
- Maintaining security standards across everything we support
- Producing documentation, runbooks, and support tooling for online support teams
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB