Our client is seeking a skilled and experienced Java Software Engineer for a long term contract engagement.
The work may be performed full-time onsite in San Jose, CA, depending on the shelter in place older, but most likely will be performed remotely.
The candidate must work well in cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, and applied researchers. ML knowledge not required.
- Build a gateway, workflow, orchestration components for ML platform. Microservices to have support API splitter, API aggregation and API A/B testing patterns using industry best practices
- Collaborates with ML engineers and other senior architects for ML model onboarding, deployment, Testability and availability for internal clients
- Write, automate, and execute performance and load running test scripts to measure latency and throughput of ML backend microservices at the edge-gateway with/without cache
- Help analyze and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks at edge-gateway and ML backend microservices
- Create client integration script/sample code for internal clients to integrate with gateway service
- Experience with programming in Java
- 3+ years of experience in RESTful APIs and distributed systems using Spring framework
- Experience writing test automation suites using JUnit and Mockito
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with performance testing, write, automate, and execute performance scripts.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Proficiency in Jira, Wiki, git, GitHub and Postman, and SOAPUI
- Proficiency in JSON, SQL, and regular expressions
- Experience with API documentation using swagger and familiar with openapi specification
- Familiar with api gateway cross cutting concerns such as security, authorization and Rate Limiting
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB