Onward Play is looking for a mid to senior level Optical Engineer for a 12 month assignment, 40 hours a week, with benefits.
• Work with a small team of optical scientists in developing illumination systems for AR and VR applications
• Model and prototype critical technologies to drive system performance and validation
• Research and develop emerging concepts in imaging systems and optical systems in support of NEDs
• Support the evaluation and characterization of optical components and system integrations
• Drive supplier choice, interaction, and management in order to deliver prototypes in support of concept demonstrations
• Experience in applied research and/or product development of optics or photonic systems
• Experience with optics technologies including: illumination, radiometry/photometry, stray light analysis, physical optics, or imaging
• Experience with setting up optical systems and with methods and tools for fabrication of optics (molded, polished, diamond turned) as well as microstructures
• Designing optical tools and methods such as FRED, ASAP, LightTools, Solid Works, or Zemax
• Experience defining system performance and component specifications
• Experience with device characterization and processing
• Experience with failure analysis and design for manufacturability
Please apply today to chat with a recruiter and learn more!
SHARE THIS JOB