Our client, a top consumer electronics company, is looking for a Senior UX Designer for a 6+ month contract.
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated Senior User Experience Designer with a passion for using technology to solve problems for people. You are a systems-oriented thinker, who is happiest when solving highly ambiguous, multi-faceted problems. You love the intellectual challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegantly simple ways.
You will use a variety of methods, including wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups and specifications to communicate design thinking to senior leadership, engineering and product partners at every phase of product development. You will champion the human voice and invent and simplify technical solutions to make them powerful tools that are easy to use. You will collaborate on a daily basis with a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of design and research professionals working on some of the most challenging opportunities at Logitech today.
The right UX Designer is focused on the intersection of human behavior and technology. You have the precision of a researcher, the logic of an engineer, and can capably generate many solutions to a problem and design approaches to test them. You rigorously generate data to build a deep understanding of products in order to make informed design decisions.
- Leverage the overall UX process for developing software solutions
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details
- Design information architecture for complex systems
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, prototypes and wireframes to effectively communicate ideas
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals
- Work remotely alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
- Contribute to user interface design and development using best practices and standards
- Present concepts, help facilitate ideation sessions, and workshops with internal teams
- Design systems with multiple integrated solutions to create a cohesive user experience
- Design accessible digital software products
BASIC SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of experience as an interaction designer, information architect or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Information Architecture, or equivalent design-related experience
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience using best practices for desktop and mobile information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Knowledge of accessibility-related guidelines and standards including WCAG
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Abstract and Sketch
- In-depth experience with desktop and mobile application design
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Relentless focus on the user
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS or equivalent technologies
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge, passion and/or experience in PC gaming, esports, or sim
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB