Our client, a healthy living and life management product and content company, is looking for a Product Design Manager to join their team.
This is a contract-to-hire, 40 hrs/wk role onsite in San Francisco, CA.
You will help lead their Program area. Their Product Design team is a close-knit group of 30+ practitioners, focused on Product Design, Visual Design and Experience Research. The team is distributed between their offices in New York City and San Francisco. They believe deeply in user-centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and user research minded product managers.
You’ll lead a team of Product Designers who work to understand member behavior, motivations, and goals as it relates to their health and wellbeing. You’ll help the team apply these insights in delivering innovative designs and product experiences that contribute to high impact and high visibility initiatives. You’ll partner with product, engineering and design leadership to work on strategy as well as our process and execution.
Design and Management
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work
- You know how to help your team understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You believe in craftsmanship and inspire your team to create elegant and compelling designs
- You can guide your team to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and help your team translate insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You can empower your team to lead and have ownership
- You are happiest when you celebrate and socialize your team’s accomplishments
- You know how to build a team and establish a team culture
- You own being accountable for the overall quality of your team’s work
- You know how to listen, motivate, guide, and inspire
- You’ve shipped multiple products
- You can share several shining examples of real work you’ve shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- You’ve shipped something across several platforms and you know what translates from desktop to mobile and what doesn’t, or why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of a release cycle, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- You know how to manage process and product
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other design leaders
- You substantially contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, articulating member problems
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from your team
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about the company’s bottom line
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.