Our client, a full-service event and entertainment production company, is in need of a freelance 2D & 3D Designer with experience in events, experiential or theater to join their team on a two month freelance assignment. This role begins on-site in NYC immediately.
What you'll be doing:
- Create, own and maintain the ground plans in 2D from start to finish of each project. This includes continuous tracking of changes and updates to plans.
- Creating 3D event space designs.
- Draft all layout plans including site plans, ground plans and other details as required.
- Draft all scenic elements that need to be fabricated. Execute drafts in both 2D and 3D.
- Travel on-site in the NYC area for meetings and site surveys, coordinating with the agency team, external partners and the clients.
- Own the final staging of every design component from furniture to walls, lighting and drapery, etc.
- Continuously keep an eye on safety policies, standards and procedures, enforcing policy and making recommendations.
- Other tasks may apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant 2D & 3D design experience.
- Minimum of two years of event, theater, entertainment or production experience in scenic design or exhibits.
- Excellent 2D drafting skills specifically in Vectorworks.
- Superb rendering skills leveraging industry software such as Cinema 4D, SketchUp and/or Adobe CS.
- Strong working knowledge of scenic fabrication and the materials used in events.
- BONUS: Strong graphic design skills.
- Must be extremely organized and pay strong attention to details.
- Be able to work within a team environment and take direction.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects at a time.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.