Our client, a leading services provider, is rapidly growing their technology team and is looking to hire a Scrum Master to drive teams of 7-10 people, work with Designers, QA and Product Managers to bring new applications to life and improve on existing products. This role begins on-site in NYC as soon as possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive the growth and build of technology teams.
- Coach teams on developing effective solutions.
- Search and identify opportunities to strengthen the team's comprehension of the principles and concepts of the Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Make sure that the team's goals and daily activities are aligned with the vision and objectives of projects.
- Employ Scrum methodologies in your team's work.
- Openly communicate project status, barriers and successes to key stakeholders in the organization.
- Identify opportunities for synergies with other departments (e.g. designers, product owners, etc.).
- Drive a culture of continuous learning and education to improve the team's output.
- Other tasks may apply.
- 3-5 years of professional experience delivering / developing software applications in a Scrum and Agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Bonus if your degree is in engineering or information systems.
- Strong experience with various Agile methodologies.
- Experience coaching Scrum and Kanban teams.
- Hands-on experience building high-performing teams.
- Experience on-boarding new product teams to Agile methodologies.
- Fluent in the fundamentals of Scrum including key ceremonies, removing impediments, working with cross-functional teams and partnering with other team leads including product owners.
- You possess strong communication skills and are able to synthesize heavy amounts of information in an understandable way.
- You bring a leadership mentality while employing a hands-on approach to delivering projects.
- You are a strong problem-solver, always looking for ways to streamline processes and remove obstacles.
- You are assertive, you bring a high-energy and passionate outlook and are able to develop a strong report among your team.
- You must have a valid driver's license for this role.
Does this sound like your skill set and experience? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.