Our client, a Global Ecommerce company, is seeking a Security Detection Engineer to join them for a Contract engagement with long term potential.
This person will assist with the design, implementation, security and ongoing support of the cyber security detection program and processes within the Global Information Security Team.
This position will work directly with teams inside and outside of GIS as part of our overarching security strategy for Threat Management and Response, Data Science, and GRC initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity, system monitoring and analysis, security incident response, security forensics and developing/automating creative solutions.
- Develop security specific content necessary to implement Use Cases and transform into correlation queries, templates, reports, rules, alerts, dashboards, and workflow
- Design dashboards to enable threat hunting, increase visibility to logs and reduce search time, using XML and Search
- Processing language (SPL) as and when required
- Create Reports, Pivots, advance Splunk search and Visualization in Splunk enterprise
- Support application teams in on boarding Splunk and creating customized dashboards and correlation searches
- Troubleshooting of SPL (Splunk Query Language) searches for performance issues by adding lookups, correct joints and using summary indexes
- Research and keep up to date on threat actors and new TTPs
- Write detailed incident reports and deliver presentations to key business partners
- Participate in after action reviews and contribute to improvements in the overall security posture
- Identify and clearly articulate (written and verbal) findings to senior management and clients, both technical and non-technical audiences Perform detailed analysis of threats, using sound analytical skills, knowledge and experience
- Articulate security issues, analysis, and remediation techniques to peers, leadership, and across business lines
- Gather, maintain, and analyze cyber-security data and other key performance indicators for regular executive review and any compliance/regulatory related requirements
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB