Our client, is a leading VR studios building experiences in the musical metaverse, hyper-immersive visual arts and sound experiences, is seeking a backend server programmer. This is a 3-6 month contract to hire assignment. The Back End Engineer is responsible for curating the structure of server side information. You’ll be writing server scripts and API's to be utilized by front side engineers. The day to day consist of optimizing servers for speed and stability, implementing security structures, generating reusable code libraries and generating data storage solutions.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- 5+ years of SQL
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Some experience with UE4
We are searching for a Sr. Backend Engineer who meet the following requirements:
- 4-6 years of recent hands-on coding and software design.
- Bachelor degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
- Designing and implementing new systems and features.
- Designing efficient SQL tables and databases that meet project requirements.
- Developing and maintaining background tasks, which may deal with very large datasets.
- Ability to identify or predict possible future problems in the code.
- Integrate some user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Experience with payment systems would be a very nice to have!
Compensation range for this role will be between $100-145k
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB