Santa Monica, California
Freelance | Job ID #70092 | $48.55 - $77.64 hourly | Posted 2 months ago
Onward Play is looking to hire a Senior Capture Artist that will be focused on Game Capture. This will be a 1 month contract opportunity to join with one of the biggest names in AAA gaming.
You will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing action blocking, camera placement and composition to build unique cinematic & gameplay scenarios in the game engine for our PR, Publishing and other marketing content across multiple game titles.
DESIRED SKILL SET:
- Work as a lead photographer driving the visual style for games in a wide array of marketing assets
- Work with various game debug systems and be able to troubleshoot common build & capture issues
- Comfortable with game engine editors and associated tools and able to create individual unique and compelling shots
- Collaborate with Creative Leads, Editors and ACDs on creative concepts and overall direction
- Provide creative direction and feedback to other team members and external partners
- Provide training, mentoring and feedback to our team of artists
- Help with the research and development of new in-game camera tools and capture processes
- Comp final images and do final retouching passes
- Troubleshoot technical issues, including builds, PC workstations, dev kits etc.
- Requires an expert understanding of photography (composition, lighting etc)
- Comfortable giving feedback and direction on framing/composition and overall art direction for in game photography
- Comfortable working in a game editor and with animation and/or camera sequencing tools such as
- Unreal Sequencer, Unity Cinemachine or other similar proprietary tools
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom and related Adobe programs
- A passion for photography, film and other cinematic media
- Ability to multitask on tight deadlines while maintaining professionalism, composure and empathy
- Focused, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent work experience preferred
- At least 4 years capture experience at a video game company or external agency preferred or equivalent relative experience with a focus on static media
- Avid gamer on next-gen platforms and PCs
- Real world experience in photography
- Knowledge of game modding or machinima workflows
- Knowledge and understanding of 3D design programs such as C4D, Maya or Blender
- Understanding of game development, the full cycles and processes behind how a game is made
- Knowledge of the motion capture process
- An interest in virtual production
This is a remote opportunity with a pay range between $50 - $77/hour based on experience.