Our client, a top consumer electronics company, is looking for a Senior CMF Designer to join their team.
We are looking for a Senior CMF Designer to work as part of varied multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to the development of innovative and engaging user-focused products. From initial storytelling 'vision', through concept development to range assortment strategy, product specification and material qualification, you will have exposure to the full product development journey.
- Collaborate closely with ID / UX Designers, Marketing and Brand teams to develop CMF Strategies across multiple Business groups
- Researching consumer lifestyle and design trends, cross-referencing inspiration from fashion & beauty, furniture & home accessories, automotive, Packaging, Music culture, Fine Art and Digital Media
- Building CMF strategies that connect consumer lifestyle trends with material technologies and product concepts
- Create visualizations, graphics, material samples and hand-crafted prototypes that will demonstrate CMF design concepts
- Work collaboratively with engineers, suppliers and manufacturers to develop material technologies suitable for mass manufacturing, ensuring all product materials are color-matched, approved and clearly documented
- Create and implement CMF Design specifications for manufacturing
- Support CMF Engineers to deliver excellence in execution
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in CMF Design for the consumer electronics industry
- Experience delivering on all phases of the CMF design process - from trend research to product design and manufacturing execution
- Excellence knowledge of moulding, forming, coating and finishing processes for plastics, metal and fabric
- Willingness to contribute within dynamic multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in Adobe CS and KeyShot product rendering and presentation tools
- Written and verbal communication in English
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB