Onward Play is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to work with one of our AAA studios. The lucky Data Analyst will be analyzing gameplay data on the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world.
In this role, you will guide game design, product management, and studio leadership through the decision-making with your insights.
- In this role, you'll manipulate, analyze, and tell a story from large amounts of complex data using different tools and data analysis techniques
- Define, measure, and monitor KPIs, with a focus on experimentation and incremental improvements to early player experiences
- Develop, validate, and fine-tune telemetry events
- Work with engineering groups in debugging data discrepancies
- Regularly present findings on player insights and any new trends in-game health
- Construct dashboards and tools that enable non-analysts to explore data on their own
- Work with designers, producers, product managers to ensure business decisions are being made with accurate information
- 4+ years of work experience in past analytical roles
- Bachelor’s degree in math or sciences (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Expert SQL skills with experience querying large, complex data sets
- Experience building data aggregations and ETLs
- Experience creating interactive dashboards and easily-understood data visualizations using software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
- Understanding of how to best structure and validate A/B tests and experiments
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple customers and competing priorities
- Comfortable presenting findings to an array of audiences, including senior management and non-technical disciplines
- Experience with live service or mobile games
- Experience working on at least one product in pre-production
- Experience with statistical toolkits, such as Python or R
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform data tools (e.g. Composer, Airflow)
- Experience building out and mapping telemetry from the ground up
- Experience constructing forecast models
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB