Onward Play is hiring for a Senior HashiCorp Vault Application Engineer with one of our clients in the gaming industry!
We are in search of an experienced Senior HashiCorp Vault Application Engineer to join our Information Security - Data Protection & Privacy Engineering team. This is a Contract-to-Hire position, and you will report to the Associate Director of Data Protection & Privacy. We prioritize data privacy, and we are committed to advancing our capabilities to build trust with our global audience as we provide captivating interactive gaming and entertainment experiences.
We are currently seeking a proficient HashiCorp Vault applications integration engineer to lead our mission. This role calls for a specialist with a comprehensive understanding of building end-to-end systems while maintaining top-notch data security. This includes expertise in Secrets management, Key management (KMIP), Key Export to Cloud KMS, Integration with HSM/KMS for Auto-Seal & Unseal of Vault Master Secrets, Data Masking, Format Preserving Encryption (FPE), Tokenization, AES-256 GCM encryption, and a keen ability to seamlessly incorporate these techniques into our operational processes.
Our engineers are highly collaborative and work together to develop efficient applications used by employees worldwide. They actively share knowledge and drive the department's progress through group discussions, lightning talks, paired programming, mentoring, and a commitment to delivering high-quality software sustainably. They also collaborate with external teams to ensure we are building the most effective tools possible. We are looking for a professional who can advocate for, educate on, and promote the significance and methodologies of data encryption and tokenization across the enterprise.
Our ideal candidate thrives on addressing the challenges of integrating data security technologies into workflows and excels at finding solutions. They possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills. This role involves close collaboration with internal customers and external partners, working closely with IT and Data teams. Our ideal candidate embraces complexity, tackles ambiguity, and takes ownership and responsibility for all aspects of their work.
Are you ready to take on this challenge?
- Collaborate with application and service teams to seamlessly integrate HashiCorp Vault Data Protection services into their workflows.
- Offer expertise and sample integrations for HashiCorp Vault with cloud platforms, on-premises systems, and third-party applications.
- Assist application teams in utilizing and adopting best practices for data protection using Transit and ADP-KM & ADP-Transform Engines for application secrets management, key management, data encryption, masking, and tokenization within their services.
- Work with application developers to understand data flows and educate them on implementing Advanced Data Protection features, including KMIP, BYOK/KMSE, data masking, tokenization, and format preserving encryption/decryption.
- Provide guidance on using HashiCorp Vault’s API and SDKs.
- Troubleshoot API-related issues and collaborate with developers to optimize their API usage for improved performance and security.
- Advise application teams on best practices for managing application-specific secrets and configurations.
- Develop application-focused documentation covering integration patterns, API usage, and common pitfalls.
- Collaborate with application teams to ensure proper key management practices are in place by leveraging vault resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in managing HashiCorp Vault clusters, with expertise in the Transit Engine and Advanced Data Protection (ADP) features such as ADP-KM (KMIP, KMSE/BYOK) and ADP-Transform (Tokenization, Masking, FPE/FF3-1).
- Strong knowledge of cryptographic principles, secrets management, and data security best practices.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, and Azure).
- Desired certifications, such as HashiCorp Certified Vault Associate or HashiCorp Certified Vault Professional.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages (.NET, Java, Python).
- Adaptability to evolving technologies and best practices.
To learn more about this Senior Engineer opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
- *To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
At Onward Play, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Play is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $250!
Know somebody hiring? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, gaming, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com