We are seeking a Senior Engineer to join our client for a full-time perm engagement.
As a Senior Engineer, you provide a high level of technical expertise to support the successful delivery of client projects. You have strong capabilities in technologies, techniques, and practices and can successfully interact with clients and partner with internal team members. You have strong relationship management skills and may serve as the main point of contact for a client. You may run or manage projects in areas including technical architecture, selection of appropriate technologies, and high-level technical project management and also perform front and back end development.\
You will serve as a guide for less experienced consultants to help grow Cantina’s capabilities as well as become more familiar with broader aspects of Cantina’s business across other disciplines including Strategy, Design, and Project Management.
In this role, you will support the sales process by assisting the client and Sales team in sourcing, qualification, and proposal development for future projects.
- Technical Project Execution and Leadership
- Serves as technical point person on client projects that apply technology solutions to business problems
- Delivers high-quality results for clients through leadership on projects with 2 to 3 engineers
- Provides technical expertise in design, development, and systems integration; guides project teams through design, implementation, and testing phases and reviews the completed work effectively
- Participates in pre-sales activities, representing the Services perspective in client-facing proposals, estimates, and SOW creation
- Evaluates new technologies and makes appropriate recommendations
- Pioneers the creation of initial frameworks, such as process, style guide, reference architecture, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Participates in and heads up strategic engineering initiatives through Cantina’s internal R&D program
- Actively participates in Cantina’s ongoing strategic objectives and may take ownership of one or more initiatives
- Serves as a subject matter expert in one or more technologies that are part of Cantina's core competencies
- Champions core organizational values by working collaboratively and sharing information with colleagues
Some things you’ve likely done in the past:
- Worked on a team-building an evolving product or project over time
- Helped direct and lead decisions within and outside of that group to ensure success
- Written and groomed stories throughout sprints; implemented the code to those stories to deliver features on time and on the scope
- Mentored junior team members stuck on a bug or helped troubleshoot through new and unexpected errors to unblock members and teams
Some things you may have done or have wanted to do:
- Been the technical lead on projects, helping make critical path decisions
- Collaborated with product, strategy, and financial decision makers
- Reviewed project plans and scopes for viability, resourcing and cost estimations
Common, but not required, background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 4 to 7 years’ experience working a technical consulting environment
- 4 to 7 years’ experience performing front and back end development
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong verbal and communication skills, including understanding and implementing client requirements
- Collaborate effectively with teams and clients at all organizational levels
- Listen actively and empathetically; remain flexible when faced with different points of view
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB