San Francisco, California
Permanent | Job ID #70813 | $120,000 - $130,000 yearly | Posted 2 weeks ago
We are seeking a Senior Experience Designer to join our major mobile game studio client. This role leads the effort to create user-centered solutions that promote ease of use, employ best-in-class game/interaction design, and optimize the user experience universally in response to user testing. The responsibilities range from running other UX/UI staff and leading all phases of the design process, including conceptual design/development, graphic and interface design, interaction models, prototypes, user/task flows, and implementation in the game engine. ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A PORTFOLIO OF WORK IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE
- Conceptualize, define, and develop features that produce outstanding experiences for our players.
- Be responsible for the task management and career development of other UI/UX staff - Mentor other UI/UX individual contributors.
- Synthesize the needs of players and all game departments to find solutions that work for all.
- Create user flows, interface wireframes, layouts, prototypes, and design documentation.
- Employ the classic design process of defining problems, researching, analyzing, designing, and validating results.
Technical UI Development:
- Create UI art and visual design for user interfaces as well as high-fidelity mock-ups for pre-visualization during pre-production.
- Design (and create) functional animation for user interactions.
- Prepare assets for implementation in the Unity game engine.
- Create and set up new prefabs in Unity.
- No scripting is required but is a bonus.
- Partner with technical artists and engineers to implement user interface game assets in the game engine
- An accomplished guide with prototyping design software (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools) and the prototype development process
- Highly skilled with standard creative software such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- An accomplished guide with UI layout & design tools (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools)
- Familiarity with collaborative virtual environments (Miro, FigJam)
- Highly competent in designing and authoring functional UI animation
Education and experience:
- An accomplished guide in creating user interfaces for game engines (like Unity or Unreal)
- Highly engaged and experienced in collaborating and partnering with technical team members such as Tech Art and Engineering
- An expert veteran that fully understands the limitations and standard methodologies of developing games for mobile devices
- Education: bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or related area required. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the game development industry specializing in UX, ideally having worked on 3+ different game titles, ideally on mobile.