Onward Search's client, a healthcare benefits company, is seeking a Senior Frontend Developer and Web Producer join the team for a few months in their Oakland offices. The role is responsible for the development and maintenance of our client's internal and external websites, email campaigns and blogs.
The right candidate will have experience implementing secure, enterprise scale, browser-based user interfaces within both waterfall and agile development environments.
You'll bring an expert-level ability to implement standards-based, semantic markup and to code accessible, responsive websites from a given design, applying principles of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation. The ideal candidate will be well versed in interaction design and thrive on creating engaging digital experiences with an emphasis on maximizing usability. Additionally, this role will act as a technical mentor for other front-end developers on the team.
Responsibilities and Experience:
- Codes dynamic, responsive designs from scratch for the web and email; optimizes code for cross-browser/client compatibility on a computer and mobile devices, and optimizes graphics for high pixel density displays.
- Crafts custom Drupal and WordPress templates for websites, develops and customizes themes for blogs, maintains and develops SharePoint 2010/2016 intranet.
- Implements split and multivariate tests, event tracking, and analytics, to track and analyze website performance.
- Ensures compliance with WCAG 2.0, W3C and Section 508 web standards, and conformance with company brand requirements.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding website and intranet issues.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Experience with SASS or LESS, but also able to hand-code CSS/SCSS.
- Knowledge of HTML email-rendering bugs and workarounds; Adobe Campaign familiarity is preferred.
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT and Subversion.
- Experience building accessible (WCAG 2.0, Section 508), semantic pages.
- Experience working with designers to craft responsive pages from scratch.
- Comfort using and developing Gulp build processes.
- Fluent in WordPress, Liferay, Drupal and also in traditional FTP environments; AEM experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and 2016 development environments; ability to customize SharePoint sites.
- Comfort with implementing split and multivariate tests, page tagging, event tracking and producing ad-hoc reports.
- General proficiency in Photoshop/Sketch or other design-based tools.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and a test-oriented and methodical way of working.
- Exceptionally high attention to detail, maintaining design integrity during the build process.
- Knowledge and application of English grammar including composition, editing and proofreading skill.
- Adobe Campaign and Litmus familiarity preferred.
- AngularJS and D3 experience are preferred.
- A Bachelors degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of front-end web development/UI development experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.