Our client, a Global Music Company, based in Los Angeles is seeking a Sr. Front end developer experienced in Shopify to join them REMOTELY for an ongoing contract engagement.
The developer will be responsible for architecting and developing React and Shopify components for our global initiatives, applications, and platforms, standardizing and templatizing where possible and troubleshooting code-related issues. This position requires development knowledge and experience in multiple areas and facets of the eCommerce space in order to solve, design, and build for vastly different client problems/goals while using a single set of underlying core technologies.
- Build and deploy new and cutting-edge React-based features for our online Shopify stores.
- Integrate with various eCommerce and consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, Customer Service Tech) and internal systems to surface data on our online and internal properties.
- Write technical user stories and convert user stories into deliverables.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
- Test deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests.
- Create technical documentation.
- Solid understanding of general eCommerce and consumer marketing technologies
- Proficiency in responsive design principles
- Strong knowledge of APIs (NodeJS and NPM), webhooks, and general data transfer approaches
- Ability to identify areas that can be streamlined or automated
- Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability
- 8+ years of work experience in software design and development and hands-on experience in building large-scale services/distributed systems
- Knowledge of ecommerce and consumer marketing technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, API integrations, digital distribution, social media platforms, etc.)
- Experienced in:
- Frameworks React, Next.js, and Gatsby
- Shopify theme and app development
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and associated APIs and integrations
- Extensive experience in web fundamentals like HTML 5, CSS3, and Sass syntax
- Experience integrating with web services (REST and GraphQL) and third-party libraries
- Experience with task runners, build tools, and bundlers like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.
- Data applications using Fetch/AJAX/JSONP with JSON/XML/HTML content
- Experience in database technologies like MongoDB, MySQL etc a plus
- Authentication and authorization technologies a plus: SAML, OAuth, OpenID
- Proficiency in secure software development
- Experience setting up continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools like Jenkins, Github, and BitBucket
- Test Driven Development
- 2+ years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Experience developing mobile applications
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB