Our client, a private gaming development firm based in Los Angeles, California creating engaging game experiences for gamers of all ages and for all types of devices!
Client is looking for a Sr. Network Programmer for a multiplayer game. The role will deal with the design and gaming architecture of a multiplayer platform as well as manage object syncing within gameplay.
- Design a multiplayer system following the specification of the game design
- Collaborate with fellow gameplay programmers, planning and implementing object syncing across different networking environments
- Collaborate with production, design, and engineering teams to determine game specifications and requirements
- Communicate any updates, issues, and feedback to managers
- Maintain a knowledge of all aspects of how online multiplayer gaming is evolving across different systems/platforms
- 4+ years of experience working in the video game industry.
- Prior experience working on network & multiplayer game programming using the following languages: C / C++ / C#
- Understanding of network protocols like: TCP & UDP
- Development experience on: XBox1, PS4, and Switch
- Development experience with UE4/Unity
All Candidate information is kept confidential according to the EEO guidelines
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB