Our client, a global retail design agency, is in search of a Senior Industrial Designer to join their team. This position begins on-site in NYC as soon as possible.
- Develop technical renderings of products, displays and fixtures based on internally created designs.
- Work with the internal design and development team, as well as, clients and external production vendors in the creation of all projects.
- Assess creative requirements and budgetary parameters as part of your response to RFPs and other client needs.
- Develop and present concept directions including material and construction detials both internally and to clients.
- Present designs and detials specifications to manufacturers/developers, partner with engineers and manufacturers/developers on prototypes, samples and builds.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team as needed.
- Utilize your senior level experience to handle multiple concurrent projects effectively, staying on time and on budget.
- Consult with the team on the requirements of each project and providing multiple solutions to answer briefs.
- Devise solutions for aesthetic and technical challenges, fine detial of designs.
- Develop strong relationships with internal partners, clients and external vendors.
- Take responsibility for final detailing and specification of approved designs and for development of successful prototypes and final product.
- Responsibile for ensuring that all designs are created on budget.
- Other tasks may apply.
- 6+ years of experience in a 2D and 3D technical design position.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as architecture, interior design, product design or similar work experience.
- Fluent in SolidWorks design software.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and standard Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience and understanding of costing out briefs/projects as needed.
- Strong client-facing presence.
- Ability to run multiple concurrent projects, keeping all on-schedule.
- You are able to run independently but jive well in a team environment.
- You are assertive but not overbearing in your work style.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.