Onward Search is hiring a Senior Instructional Designer in Carrollton TX to manage projects and contribute to the creative team for a large international brand!
THIS ROLE IS 100% ONSITE
Our client is looking for an experienced, creative, and forward-thinking learning professional to design and develop training curriculum and content that will meet the needs of next-generation learners. This visible role (client facing) focuses on customer-facing product and process training.
The Senior Instructional Designer will build instructor-led training, eLearning, live web-based learning sessions, blended solutions, learning guides and support materials following proven instructional design methodologies and processes.
Strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills are required to effectively lead, develop and deliver customer focused learning programs. The ability to resolve appropriate delivery type (i.e. instructor-led, web, eLearning, etc.) for various types of content and bring together text, images, video and audio to train and certify our customers is critical. Proven mastery of learning technologies - Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, SnagIt, WebEx and other emerging learning development software – and the commitment to seek the best tools is crucial to this Senior Instructional Designer role.
- Understands business and product objectives, identify and recommend effective learning solutions to meet business goals, drive revenue, increase learning effectiveness and satisfaction
- Participates in the development and implementation of curriculum and content development strategies, plans and processes
- Develop and present Training Project Plans to key partners for approval, including resource needs, timeline, and potential cost estimates
- Review and interpret technical documentation and existing course materials for developing instructional materials
- Runs projects and/or participate in curriculum design, instructional design, content writing and course development for specific ILT, eLearning or blended learning programs
- Project manages and/or participate in learning needs analysis, curriculum mapping, design, writing, development, testing, implementation and evaluation of all training materials
- Design and develop cutting edge, graphically rich, engaging learning deliverables for all delivery types (i.e. instructor led, eLearning, etc.)
- Exercises sound judgement when figuring out appropriate learning solutions, training delivery methods and evaluation criteria, based on inputs, objectives and desired outcomes
- Understands content structure and how curriculums, courses, modules, learning objectives and assessment questions are designed to transfer and validate knowledge
- Collaborates closely with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, management, and other parts of the overall business
- Delivers on both project management of resources and hands-on content development, while handling simultaneous projects
- Takes a customer-focused (internal and/or external) approach to problem solving
- Knows, understands and can apply NASBA CPE guidelines and standards for Instructor-led Group-Live, Group Internet-based and QAS Self-Study courses
- Works closely with trainers on delivery approach and implementation of training materials
- Actively develop product knowledge, and participates in readiness activities to stay abreast of product enhancements and training deliverables
- BS or MA degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or similar
- 5 to 8 years of Instructional Design experience in a training, educational, and/or development group; Experience with similar industry and customer-facing training focus preferable
- Advanced knowledge of multimedia authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and/or other Adobe tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Articulate Storyline, and other eLearning authoring tools
- Ability to design or build dynamic and engaging content (instructor-led, eLearning and blended content) that incorporates both design elements and effective learning principles for an optimum learning experience
- Strong project management skills and be able to successfully multi-task, set priorities, and meet timelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied adult learning theory, instructional design, organizational metrics, learning management systems, and organizational development strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills including validated ability to collaborate with teams and individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to see details and larger picture
- Visual design skills and the ability to storyboard
- Working towards trying new ways of sharing learning content with learners
Does this sound like your skill set and qualifications? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.