Onward Search is hiring a Sr. Instructional Designer for an international client located in Sandy Springs, for a long-term, on-site contract
Please note: This is an onsite W2 contract role expected to last for 12 months initially and then extend year of year; 40 hours/week are expected. Benefits are available throughout the length of the engagement.
Experience with Adobe Captivate AND a portfolio and/or work samples are REQUIRED and should be submitted at the time of application.
The Instructional Designer (ID) is responsible for working with Project Managers (PM) to successfully develop training programs for the company’s customer service representatives globally across all business units.
Standard ISD processes, such as the ADDIE learning model, are used to design and develop custom business process and systems training programs including instructor-led and e-learning courses.
- The ID is responsible for working with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Information Mapping tools to assess information, determine impacts and identify skills gaps.
- The ID is also responsible for learning and testing proprietary systems and software to identify training needs, determine scope and create interactive learning tools.
- Design and develop coursework and training materials, primarily in Adobe Captivate, including assessments, exercises and knowledge checks within the course.
- Partner with PMs and SMEs to develop training programs for functionally diverse teams.
- Provide scenarios, content, best answers, plausible answers, and feedback regarding why the best answers are the best answers.
- Standard ISD processes, such as the ADDIE learning model, are used to design and develop custom business process and systems training programs including instructor-led and e-learning courses.
- Working with Information Mapping tools to assess information, determine impacts and identify skills gaps.
- Learn and test proprietary systems and software to identify training needs, determine scope, and create interactive learning tools.
- Bachelor's degree in design, education, or a related field.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in instructional design, preferably within a large, complex corporation.
- Expert-level ability with Adobe Captivate 2017 REQUIRED.
- Experience with multiple authoring tools required and with video development software preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Editing skills and graphic design skills as they relate to the position
- LMS testing ability/experience a plus
- Ability to write scenario-based assessment questions with answers/distractors and feedback at highest levels of Bloom's Taxonomy a plus.
- Scenario-writing skills as well as marketing education and experience a plus.
- Portfolio and/or work samples REQUIRED and should be submitted at time of application.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB