Our client is seeking a Sr. Java Developer to join them localled in the Houston Tx area.
This position is remote during covid but expected to bo on site at least 1-2 days a week after covid has calmed.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience building and supporting enterprise web applications using Java EE technologies
- 5 years of experience in software development
- 5 years of experience with OOAD software design with Java, Design Patterns, MVC and IoC
- 5 years of applied experience with RDBMS design/development, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
Additional specific qualifications include:
- Experience as a lead overseeing development projects using all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience building rich web applications
- Experience in one or more Java frameworks (Struts, Hibernate, etc.)
- Experience in asynchronous programming such as Vert.x
- Experience with version control system (CVS, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise application servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Experience building and consuming web services using REST, SOAP, XML, WSDL
- Experience using Eclipse or IntelliJ is preferred
- Receivables Management Industry experience a plus
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications/operating systems
- Deliverables--Full Stack Development- to do integration and move processes to cloud
- Analyzes software applications to determine if the applications are effectively meeting the needs of the specified end-user and/or to determine if enhancements can be made to increase the overall efficiency of the operational department
- Reviews project specifications to gain understanding of project goals and objectives and to determine an efficient and effective way of programming to complete the project in a timely manner
- Develops software applications with regard to project specifications. Works with Program Support on testing the programming changes before implemented to reduce the amount of errors and reduce rework within the department
- Interacts with end-users on solving problems that occur with software applications including troubleshooting the problem
- Stays abreast of industry changes with regard to software applications. Communicates any suggestions/ideas for the improvement of applications to management
- Performs other duties as assigned
Success Factors / Performance Expectations:
- Ability to analyze data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating and solving moderately difficult technical and operational computer related issues
- Ability to take a project from start to finish including analysis, design programming and administration
- Developed oral and written communication skills to present technical information to others with clarity and precision
- A strong sense of teamwork and cooperation with management and coworkers
- Accuracy and completeness of assignments, including unit testing and debugging of all programs
- Consistently meeting all deadlines
- Ability to offer suggestions on how to improve reports, projects, and daily routine assignments
- Self-motivated with sound, professional judgment.
- Ability to develop, implement, and ensure adherence to department policies and procedures for computer hardware and software usage
- REST: 5 years (Preferred)
- Java: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Houston, Texas:
- Candidates must live in the state of Texas
- Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Must live in Texas and be ok with commuting in office to the Houston, TX location up to 2 days a week as COVID 19 progress
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB