Our client, a major entertainment studio, is seeking a Sr Manager, Licensing join the Consumer Products Design team.
- Manages 65% domestic, the rest global licensees
- Initiates and contributes to the strategic planning process (development of strategy and business plans by product category, retail channel, and property)
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned franchises to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting
- Develops new business opportunities and manages the process from concept and pitch, to licensee on-boarding and contract signature
- Analyzes account business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with initiatives
- Manages Licensees within the franchise portfolio which includes contract negotiation, resolving issues, reviewing/approving of submissions and promotion/advertising initiatives
- Recommends initiatives, providing cost/benefit analysis and an estimate of return on investment
- Works with Licensees, Integrated Retail and Product Development teams to develop product that meets retailer needs by distribution channel while maintaining quality and character integrity standards
- Works closely with Content partners to support franchise specific initiatives
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics
- Supports internal initiatives generated by the Franchise Marketing and Integrated Retail teams
- Drives synergy opportunities across with key Licensees in portfolio
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Receives overall strategic direction, and establishes department objectives
- Manages the Consumables product portfolio / product categories and licensing relationships to meet or exceed predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives
- Performs day-to-day responsibilities to include licensee management, product review, and Licensee communications
- Active contributor/driver of key initiatives within a matrixed organization including Franchise Licensing, Product Development, Finance, Integrated Retail, Corporate Alliance, Media+, Content Partners, Franchise Marketing, and Strategic marketing
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of directly related experience in licensing
- The ideal candidate will have “blue chip” experience from a major CPG company
- We are looking for someone with knowledge of basic finances, supply chain mgmt., category mgmt., operations, consumer trends, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; must at times be thick skinned
- Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; patient; able to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Self motivated, entrepreneurial
- Willingness to travel
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.