San Bruno, California
Freelance | Job ID #72441 | $65 - $72 hourly | Posted 3 weeks ago
Onward Search is hiring a Sr. Manager, Site Merchandising for a global retailer on a 6-month contract basis
The Senior Site Merchandising Manager is a critical leader in shaping the customer site experience, overseeing planning & execution of content strategy and tech enhancements that are synergistic with our membership goals. This role will work with many cross-functional partners to drive impact, improvement, and innovation to create a truly frictionless online shopping experience and help our eCommerce business.
- You understand how customers shop online and use strategic thinking and innovation to create a seamless and fresh site experience for our customers.
- You’re a visionary constantly looking for ways to set us apart from the competition, driving new and enhanced functionality to make the shopping experience easy and convenient.
- You use data and insights to make informed and impactful decisions and you have the acumen to translate complex data into actions and improvements.
- You have an incredible focus on operational excellence and getting the fundamentals right and can identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence, creating impact through partnership as well as ownership.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
- Creating an exemplary site experience for your department -You’ll drive the holistic site strategy for the company member, using customer insights to tell a cohesive story and create a seamless customer experience, overseeing visual site merchandising and content strategy, site functionality, new product on-boarding, and more.
- Monitoring site health and performance through analytics and key metrics - You’ll oversee the development of site metrics and dashboards to monitor site health, providing strategic insights to internal stakeholders to influence the overall direction for the site.
- Becoming an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders - You’ll advise on and partner with various internal teams to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of the site’s strategic direction and execution.
- Operating with excellence - You’ll land the fundamentals and create and help scale best-in-class efficient workflows, processes, and timelines, embedding operational excellence into everything you do and developing associates on the team to increase capabilities and enhance skills, knowledge, and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience in Business or related field
- Eight years related experience in Merchandising, Site Merchandising, or related field
- Master’s degree in business or related field
- 4+ years demonstrated experience managing a team.
- 4+ years of experience in e-commerce environment
- Strong customer obsession focused on building the right site experience for our customers.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Ability to set clear team objectives and performance measures.
- Ability to select and develop a team of future leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary.
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
- *To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $250!
Know somebody hiring? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, gaming, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com