Are you all things Native Mobile Design? Are you aware of current mobile app trends along with having the creative nature to improve these? This may be the one for you!
Fortune 500 growing User Experience and Design Group is for someone who wants to do innovative, award-winning work in a flexible, fun, caring environment where they are treated with respect.
The Mobile Product Designer uses human-centered design methods to create industry-leading experiences from ideation to launch of a product or service, specifically with our flagship native mobile application for both iOS and Android. In addition, your in-depth understanding of visual design principles and desire to push conceptual thinking and the latest design and technology trends will be critical in creating experiences that meet the needs of consumers on an emotional level.
The Mobile Product Designer crafts, plans, develops, and evaluates new product and service concepts, enhancements to existing products and services, or strategic product extensions, often working in high-profile and complex projects. They partner with research insight teams to gather and understand data and insights to inform products and services as well as test prototypes with end-users.
- Communicate clearly and generate concepts using sketches, online whiteboards, journey maps, site maps, navigation designs, user flows, information organization models, wireframes, prototypes, and other specifications that communicate experience and design intention.
- Incorporate human-centered design methods to both expand the scope of possibilities and converge on a hypothesis-based solutions that meet both user and business needs.
- Design beautiful and smart native mobile solutions
- Understand and interpret brand, user, and business needs, to develop innovative, creative, and results-oriented digital solutions
- Partner with UX Architects, Copywriters, Researchers, and Technology team members to ensure the design follows best practices, optimizes messaging, and is technically feasible?
- Work on large-scale mobile applications while juggling multiple stakeholder initiatives?
- Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels
- Maintain relevancy in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops, and joining professional groups
- All applicants should provide work samples (with proper consideration of copyright restrictions) designed for native applications for either iOS or Android via link to a website or temporarily share during an in-person interview. The applicant should be able to speak to their design philosophy for native mobile experiences and be aware of design trends in the native mobile space.
- Applicants who cannot show native mobile designs in their portfolios will not be considered.
- Work closely with product managers to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment
- Ability to design and envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time
- Model how to use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities
- Use design thinking methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions
- Be open to feedback and engage in active listening
- Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for products during all stages of the design process using deliverables such as wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes using industry software like Figma, Sketch, and InVision
- Collaborate within product teams – assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features – advocating for the end-user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals
- Independently and in partnership with researchers, facilitate feedback loops through frequent and appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis to inform solutions
- Continuously grow your depth of knowledge and apply it to evolve or craft new product opportunities, including information architecture, research opportunities, and platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with product owners, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand experience and technology requirements to provide creative and thoughtful solutions
- Measure your design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions
- This job does not have any current supervisory responsibilities.
- 5+ years as a UX practitioner in highly collaborative environments
- Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies
- Trained in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors, or human-computer interaction
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience, or digital UI/UX Bootcamp certification (focused on Visual).
- Strong, smart, and beautiful portfolio demonstrating expertise in concept, design, and visual hierarchy concerning native iOS and/or Android mobile experiences
- Proven ability to work within brand and native guidelines to create compelling visual solutions
- Proficient with a wide range of design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, InVision, and/or Zeplin
- Ability to work effectively from information architecture and translate wireframes into modular, consistent, and usable designs.
- Understanding of capabilities and limitations of mobile-specific technologies (you will not be expected to code)
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Highly motivated, positive, and a passionate team player
- Proficiency in design methods, interaction design, information architecture, user research, visual design, prototyping, and/or content design
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and with influence in a remote product team environment
- Organized and able to manage personal, team, and project timetables
- Critical thinker comfortable analyzing and utilizing both qualitative and quantitative data in data-driven decision making
- Storytelling and presentation skills
- Flexible working across design methodologies and processes such as (Agile, SAFe, Lean UX, etc.)
- Continuous learner around the intersection of people, process, technology, and business
- Understanding of mobile grid systems and the differences between Android and iOS components.
- Strong affinity for iOS and Android Interface Guidelines.
- Strong understanding of digital typography, typographic hierarchy, and native styles.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB