Onward Search is looking for a Sr. Motion Designer with deep experience editing broadcast sports footage to join our A-list client in Atlanta! This is an onsite, direct hire opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: While this role sits onsite in Atlanta, candidates from outside of that market who meet the qualifications and are willing to relocate to Atlanta are encouraged to apply. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- Use footage-based assets to create motion design and animation for promos, packaging and other on-air/digital assets.
- Work independently to conceive, design and execute within multiple brands as well as work off creative briefs and/or style frames provided by others under tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with a team of video editors, producers, and other designers to create, build, and integrate assets.
- Act as a trusted contributor to Sports partners throughout the entire project lifecycle from ideation to production through final delivery.
- Articulate concepts visually with multiple options and personal perspective.
- Take an active role in interpreting the creative brief.
- Show originality by providing unique motion solutions to solve problems with stylistic variety
- Demonstrate risk taking and innovation and push skills by looking for creative opportunities in each task
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions and support creative teams as needed
- Work effectively with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Producers, and other team members
- Manage personal and project time frames and complete assigned tasks on schedule
- Prior experience designing motion graphics for major sports leagues and high-profile sporting events using footage-based assets is REQUIRED and multiple relevant samples should be available for review in the submitted portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Motion Design, Video Production, or a similar field preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Motion Designer, preferably in a fast-paced, production-heavy broadcast or agency environment.
- DEEP experience designing motion graphics for sports such as the NFL, PGA, NCAA, or MLB, including high profile projects and events like The Masters, the Final Four, March Madness, the World Series, or the Super Bowl with a specific focus on promo pieces, teases, and sizzles.
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects and the Adobe suite is required and experience with Nuke, Cinema 4D, Resolve and other design and compositing tools is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere or similar editing and post-production tools is a plus
- Highly conceptual able to conceive, design and execute within multiple brands as well as work off creative briefs and/or style frames provided by others under tight deadlines.
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines, make quick design decisions and execute within professional broadcast standards
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- A killer reel with refined, dynamic, high-end motion and animation focused on sports promos and trailers is REQUIRED and should be submitted at time of application.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.