Our client, a leading beauty company, is seeking a long-term temp Sr Packaging Designer to support 4 days/week (Mon-Thurs) on a long-term temp basis.
The primary focus of this position will be to support the Packaging Design team with concept and design for primary and secondary packaging. A knowledge and love of fashion, design, typography, art and pop culture are essential. The ideal candidate must be a creative problem solver that can work in a fast-paced environment with strict/tight deadlines. This position reports to the Director of Packaging Design.
- Concept and design decorations on primary components for permanent products, kits, and seasonal programs.
- Concept and design decorations on cartons for permanent products, kits, and seasonal programs.
- Work with the packaging design team to create specification briefs for vendors.
- Design packaging for makeup influencer sets when needed.
- Prepare renderings and models required to convey the design intent.
- Presentation of selected designs, detail specification to manufacturers of approved designs, liaison with contractors, engineers and manufacturers on the development of prototypes, sample approval.
- Support the packaging design team by transferring art to dielines for production.
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (an expert in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign). 3D rendering is a plus.
- 4-5 years of beauty, fashion, agency or retail brand experience is preferred.
- Experience in packaging design is preferred.
- Must be a connoisseur of typography / graphic design with a love for current trends and culture.
- Must have a general understanding of the print process. Knowledge of printing on different materials/surfaces is a plus.
- Proactive self-starter with team player mentality and preference to work in a close knit, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects in a very fast-paced environment, and react with a sense of urgency.
Does this sound like you? Appy today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB