Our client is looking for a talented professional to join their Ecommerce Merchandise Planning team. The Ecommerce Planner role is a rare opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing brand and division. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a key role in the in-season inventory optimization across the Men’s product category for our North America Ecommerce businesses and can make an instant impact to the business. This individual will work closely with our Brand House, Factory House, 3rd Party, and Wholesale Planning teams across the region as well as our Merchandising, Product, and Supply Chain teams to drive and deliver results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop preseason sales, margin and inventory turn plans that support major growth strategies at the division, department and key item level
- Develop seasonal plans by analyzing historical data and current trends while identifying risks and opportunities. Reconcile plans from a top down and bottom up perspective
- Forecast sales, margin and inventory turn by month, at a brand level and communicate business performance during weekly sales and monthly open to buy meetings
- Provide monthly season style-color forecasts in alignment with Integrated Planning Calendar
- Analyze and react to financial, market, customer trends and formulate appropriate strategies in partnership with the cross-functional team
- Create brand and category level quarterly hindsight reports to drive strategic assortment decisions for future quarters and in-season management
- Plan and project receipt flow for key items to support sales forecasts
- Publish weekly business reporting and provide expert analysis on trends and recommendation
- Provide analysis around promotional events and iconic product, as-needed
- Support an environment that fosters respect for the ideas of others as well as ongoing collaboration to execute business strategy
- Establish, nurture, and utilize internal and external partners to drive the business
- Partner with Merchant team to create top line and divisional sales, inventory and gross margin goals
- Partner with Merchant team to recommend promotional pricing and strategies
- Lead special projects and business opportunities on behalf of the Planning team
- Other duties may be assigned
- Consistently produces results at the functional team level
- Accountable for their own execution, and that of their team (where applicable)
- Achieves personal and team goals
- Can complete a project with minimal direction
- Inspires confidence from their achievements that they will deliver
- Assists in executing on a strategic plan that creates a unique advantage in the marketplace
- Completes projects that have significant impact on their Business Unit
- Analyzes and challenges work methods to determine process improvement and better results
- Communicates team vision and goals in alignment with the strategic direction
- Recognizes the potential impact of internal and external challenges on future state of the business unit and develops action plans to meet these challenges
- Has their team’s and peer’s trust
- Delivers what is promised
- Proactive thinker who pushes for what is best for the functional team
- Is included in critical decisions as it pertains to their functions
- Provides thinking that is valuable to the organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years proven experience working within a planning or sku management system such as SAP or Logility – preferably supporting an Ecommerce/Retail/Omni-channel business
- Fluency in local language; proficiency in English required
- Demonstrated fluency in SAP and Business Warehouse Reporting tools including the ability to successfully mine data, create ad hoc reporting, analyze, and succinctly summarize to drive key business decisions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, utilize resources effectively and drive themselves and their team for results in a fast paced, growth environment
- Strong knowledge and experience of the problem-solving process and its application in addressing critical business issues
- Established ability to build and maintain effective working relationships to drive collaboration, teamwork and business results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to tailor message to all levels in the business
- Demonstrated track record of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Excel skills to facilitate data analysis and critical problem solving
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years planning experience in a progressive & growth focused retail organization
- Excel skills imperative. Experience in systems and programs relative to planning processes
- Excellent partnership skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex quantitative data.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to be a part of a team, set challenging standards, develop strong partnerships, and lead others to action
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB