Our client, an innovative insurance company, is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join their team for a contract-to-hire role, onsite, 40 hrs/wk in San Mateo, CA.
This person will transform complex tasks into easy-to-use designs for web, mobile and chat that delight our millions of global users. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, working side-by-side with other designers, product managers, and engineers. You’ll flex your full range of skills including user research, interaction design, and visual design muscles as you’ll look at customer experiences across multiple touchpoints and platforms.
As a Senior Product Designer, you can develop the interaction designs for web, chat, voice and multi-modal digital experiences for any channel or platform, and you are a leader in the creation of business and consumer product. You work well independently, but you welcome feedback from other designers and partners. You love to take on complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same, and your solutions merge with a larger structure to create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- You’ll be leading the product design for a Journey Team (more information below) and will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of how our customers interact with the product.
- You’ll be the strongest advocate for our customers by contributing from the product design strategy all the way to the UI details.
- You’ll take initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the product offering
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end product design process, including how to develop and use IA, journey mapping, prototyping, user stories, user testing, visual design and wireframing
- Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as being comfortable designing in an iterative way to learn and adapt.
- A constant commitment to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- 3+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 1+ years as a senior designer or equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web-based applications, mobile applications and consumer-facing websites and/or applications.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.