Onward Search has a new exciting opportunity for a freelance Product Designer position with one of our largest ecommerce clients. Being a product designer for this client, you will work hands on to deliver experiences through ideation, design exploration, prototyping, designing user flows and testing. You will liaise with partners in Product, Engineering and Analytics, and dedicate your team’s collective creativity to delivering experiences that delight our customers.
Our client is seeking a freelance Product Designer that can start immediately onsite in the California office. This individual should also be passionate, customer-centric visual and interactive designer with experience working in cross-functional teams. They need someone who can provide product with recommendations and make design decisions with minimal guidance and jump into a role to make an immediate impact. If this sounds like you then apply today!
- Apply a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
- Apply techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate interaction design concepts.
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
- Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers every day.
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
- You’ll apply your expertise in interactive design, visual design, and prototyping and tap into your empathetic brain to solve complex ecommerce challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree (Bachelor’s inDesign, User Experience (UX), Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience designing for multiple platforms experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a senior visual and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in and navigating a corporate environment independently is a strong plus.
- A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- Experience delivering successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android and/or experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce is a strong plus.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.