As a Sr. Product Designer, you’ll help our customers live better by improving their web and mobile experiences. You’ll apply your expertise in interactive design, visual design, and prototyping and tap into your empathetic brain to solve complex eCommerce challenges. You will liaise with partners in Product, Engineering and Analytics, and dedicate your team’s collective creativity to delivering experiences that delight our customers.
What You'll Do
- Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
- Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
- Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
What You'll Need
- A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior visual and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in and navigating a corporate environment independently.
- Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android.
- Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce.
- Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience (UX), Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB