As a member of the Production Planning Dept., you will determine which items are manufactured and in what quantities based upon consumer demand forecasts. The primary mission is to minimize inventory, maximize product availability and optimize shop floor efficiency.
Production Planner Job Duties:
- Participate in forecast meetings with Business Units and related cross functional participants to help establish master Sales Inventory and Operations Plans for specific finished good products
- Review planning data entered into the MRP planning module to support dependent SIOP build plans
- Analyze and manage independent demand materials to maintain sufficient supply according to provided company guidelines
- Coordinate and release production build orders to support SIOP build plans
- Revise schedules as needed to accomplish certain benchmarks in the manufacturing process
- Interface with Purchasing team to insure required materials will be available when needed to release production build orders to manufacturing on schedule
- Create, analyze and distribute various reports regarding requirements, progress, fulfillment and backlog issues
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing, Production and Quality teams on New Product Introductions
- Troubleshoot internal material issues such as quality, sub-contract operations, and transfer issues
- Interface with and manage considerable data resources to support all facets of Production Planning operations
- Prior SAP experience is required (most important skill)
- Ability to plan top level instruments
- Familiar with MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel)
- Ability to work with other departments
- 5-10 years minimum in industrial supply chain environment
- Understands the manufacturing process thoroughly, and has reasonable expectations as to what can be accomplished in a certain timeframe
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team.
- SAP knowledge and experience required
- Has good problem-solving skills and can easily revise a plan when needed
- Proficiency in Excel and other standard MS business applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to interface at all levels in the organization
- Project management and organizational skills
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB