Our client, a gaming firm, based in Austin Texas is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join them for a full-time perm engagement (onsite will be required). We're looking for candidates with the following skillset and experience to fill the role.
- Work with multiple game teams to define and create shared server infrastructure and libraries to facilitate the needs of all teams.
- Help further extend and own the games’ common tools framework.
- Identify and refactor problematic areas of codebase.
- Use Git on a daily basis to manage source code.
- Perform code review for fellow engineers.
- Research and utilize third party APIs (Facebook, Teak, Adjust, etc)
- Mentor junior engineers and assist them with feature development and debugging.
- Participate in on-site interviews with engineering candidates.
- Help migrate existing on-premises applications to the cloud.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience writing and debugging in a statically typed language like C++, Java, or C#
- Experience writing and debugging in a dynamically typed language like PHP, Ruby or Python
- Professional experience working with MySQL or another RDBMS
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Professional experience with modern version control systems like Git and Mercurial
- Social game development
- Experience migrating legacy on-premises applications to the cloud. (Amazon Web Services (AWS) etc)
- Experience working with AWS Database technologies such as RDS, DynamoDB, etc
- Experience working with AWS Service Technologies such as ECS, Fargate, Elastic Load Balancers, etc
- Microservice development (Node.js, Lambda, etc)
- Experience with containers/container management. (Docker, Vagrant, etc)
- Experience with creating and maintaining packages.
- Experience with build/CI systems like Jenkins
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience working from the command line and using common utilities (grep, tail, etc)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Couchbase, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, etc)
- Professional experience working in an Agile/Scrum/XP environment
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB