Global Ecommerce Client in Chicago is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join them on a contract opportunity/long term role.
• Lead back-end development efforts in building a robust ecommerce platform within the scrum team.
• Rapidly design and implement RESTful API’s using proven design principles by discovering and understanding internal and external sources meeting the scalability, availability and performance requirements.
• Design and develop utility functions and cross cutting modules
• Technical deep dive’s to solve complex business problems
• Develop unit and functional tests for the code developed.
• Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams
• Work in an Agile/Scrum, test driven development environment.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Experience in Agile/Scrum environment.
• Solid experience with Java, JEE technologies, Spring and related frameworks.
• Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge in Asynchronous messaging and event driven architectures
• Experience in creating unit test cases as well as integration test cases in software
• Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git, Chef etc.)
• Experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes and Swarm is a plus
• 6+ years of experience in building back end systems.
• 3+ years of experience in building scalable RESTful API’s.
• Has exposure to cloud environment using AWS or Azure or Google Cloud platforms.
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
SHARE THIS JOB
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
A Fortune 500 organization located in the Loop is seeking an Information Security Engineer to join their team on a contract basis. In this role you will provide expert analysis and engineering in the following areas: • Automation • 3rd party risk assessments (in house) • Disaster recovery and continuity of operations (in house) • Documentation / technical writing • Vulnerability management and remediation • Privilege access management • Email security • SIEM Additional responsibilities include: • Responding and investigating notifications from our security tools
National Health Organization is seeking an iOS Developer to join them for a long term consulting engagement in the Chicago area. This iOS Engineer will design, build, test, and deploy mobile applications in a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment. Qualifications: Expertise with iOS native development languages and thorough iOS internals, REST API's and services Expert & build& deployment apps into apple app store., and having experience with architecting solutions to complex problems Deep knowledge of iOS native development practices and commonly used libraries
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.