Global Hospitality Company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Chicago to join them for an ongoing project.
The Senior Software Developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
• Work with business end-users to determine requirements and propose approaches to address users' needs.
• Analyze requirements to determine approach/proposed solution. Design and Build Solutions using relevant programming languages.
• Thoroughly test solutions using relevant approaches and tools.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10+ years’ experience working as an application designer and software developer working with enterprise applications.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, requirements analysis, design, development, and test.
• Technically proficient.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Technically fluent in programming languages, including C, Java.
• Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
• Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architectures. and Web-based Architectures
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
Our client is seeking an experienced Software Developer to be embedded within its QA organization. This resource will be tasked with developing comprehensive test-automation solutions to validate frontend web user-interfaces and backend APIs. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Java, with a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. They will also have a knack for writing clean, readable, and maintainable code. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: • Use Java and/or Groovy to develop, enhance, and maintain code that is designed to verify the quality of software across all layers (
Onward Search has an amazing new opportunity with a big client in Chicago, IL. This opportunity is for a Product Manager that can start immediately onsite. In this role, you will be accountable for working with the technology teams to bring the voice of the customer into the product features, ensure that features delivered are aligned with the intended business outcomes, and align work with the target architecture road map. If this sounds interesting and something you could thrive in, apply today! RESPONSIBILITIES Communicate the Payments Roadmap and Vision to the technology team
Global Hospitality Company is seeking a Lean Operations Engineer to join them for an ongoing assignment in downtown Chicago. • RESPONSIBILITIES: Learn the processes for delivering projects on the PTO Projects team Learn the processes for delivering technical support on the PTO Support team Learn how the Opera Property Management System is used by Hyatt’s hotels Work with PTO team members to identify and implement improvements to processes and tools Watch how the tools owned by the PTO Lean Operations team get used by other team members to find optimizations to processes
A Fortune 500 organization with headquarters downtown Chicago is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team for a long term contract. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: • Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills • Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new development and enhancements. • Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes. • Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects. • Work with business commun
A Fortune 500 organization with headquarters downtown Chicago, is seeking a new team member for their DevOps team. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Process Improvement o Learn the processes for delivering projects o Learn the processes for delivering technical support o Work to identify and implement improvements to processes and tools o Watch how the tools get used to find optimizations to processes and tools o Support and encourage a team culture of incorporating Lessons Learned after projects and Support incidents o Assist in the development of impr
A Fortune 100 company with offices downtown Chicago, is seeking an IT Analyst for a 6 month or longer contract with their team. This high performing leader will partner with the various Finance organizations to build process and technology capabilities that support their growth and strategic agenda. For this role to be a fit, you must be a skilled relationship builder with the ability to work in fast paced and ever changing environments. You should be able to guide the organization in the proper way to leverage new systems and be able to understand how new technology developments impact the c
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.