Permanent | Job ID #71482 | $90,000 - $100,000 yearly | Posted 2 weeks ago
Onward Play's Indie gaming developer and publisher is known for their first-person shooters and boasts a great culture, fantastic benefits and a dynamic and passionate team in which to thrive. They're seeing a Senior Technical Artist who is eager to contribute to their success. As a leading independent developer, they offer a unique environment where you can work on your own schedule, shaping games with a distinct vision. They foster a collaborative work culture that encourages risk-taking and pushes the boundaries of our medium. If you're ready to embark on this exciting journey, we invite you to apply!
- Collaborate with environment, weapon, and character teams to address visual and art pipeline challenges by providing innovative solutions.
- Research and optimize new tools for game features in collaboration with engineering and design teams.
- Ensure consistent technology, standards, and content creation by working closely with other Technical Artists.
- Prototype and implement new techniques to enhance content production efficiency.
- Create comprehensive documentation for techniques and processes.
- Conduct studies to expand your skill set and stay up-to-date with the latest texturing techniques, content workflows, tools, and pipelines in the industry.
Preference to Applicants with:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in tools development for environment content.
- Impressive portfolio showcasing a range of technical tools and solutions, as well as artistic works.
- Expertise in at least one 3D software package (Blender, Max, Maya, etc.).
- Strong general knowledge of Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Extensive experience with Unreal Blueprints.
- Ability to identify complex problems and propose solutions while adhering to real-time technical constraints.
- Functional experience with Unreal C++.
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and the interaction between materials and lighting.
- Familiarity with texel density, memory limitations, instruction costs, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized.
- Prior experience contributing to the development of at least one AAA title as a technical artist.
- Experience optimizing for consoles.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, MEL, MaxScript, etc.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine's material editor.
- Proficiency in Blender.
- Understanding of Substance Designer.