Onward Play is hiring a Senior Technical Game Designer - Unreal Engine 4. This position will be responsible for supporting aspects of design as needed, which includes scripting engaging scenarios and systems for first-person games.
In this position you’ll be collaborating with developers across disciplines, seeking out opportunities, solving problems, and making improvements. The ideal candidate has experience working with a cross-disciplinary team on a large codebase. Someone who is self-starting and proactive in identifying risks and determining solutions. They should also have a passion for adding the extra polish that sets our games apart.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Art, Design, Animation, QA, and Audio team members to create functional, fun, and visually compelling worlds that achieve immersive gaming experiences.
- Experience with Mobile and/or PC game design.
- Work with members of design and engineering to support the needs of gameplay, for both your fellow designers and other disciplines.
- Prototyping new gameplay systems, features, or gameplay loops.
- Level scripting, multiplayer support, creating debugging and testing tools, AI scripting and tuning, and contributing to overall game balance.
- Build and define standards for large-scale data integration, including game balancing data.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on aspects of game production and development, providing constructive insight and feedback when needed.
- 4-5 years of professional experience as a Technical Designer working with AAA Studios.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience. Experienced with game editors and understanding engine/game constraints and opportunities.
- Good methodology and problem-solving ability, with a focus on rapid iteration to achieve balance, pacing, and fun.
- Deep understanding of game design for first-person combat and exploration, including design for competitive and cooperative multiplayer games.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and developers from other disciplines, along with a willingness to lead focused multidisciplinary efforts.
- A passion for gaming and game development and eagerness to work on a wide variety of game systems.
- A strong and current portfolio with samples of your work
- A proven track record of quality, not only for your work but for reviewing others.
- Some or all of the following Unreal Engine 4 experience:
- C++ code, or at least debugging using Visual Studio.
- Expert knowledge of UE4 tools, such as Animation Blueprints, UMG, Gameplay Ability System, Behavior Tree, Sequencer, or level streaming.
- Networked UE4 games and working knowledge of UE4’s replication system.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology, JIRA, etc.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB