As a User Experience Design Lead, you will leverage your deep understanding of experience design for digital products. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form our client and advisor experiences. This is a hands-on designer role, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes researchers, content writers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative financial digital products and services of all kinds, including trading and advice platforms.
Day to Day:
- Proactively seek out ways of incorporating the customer experience into daily work
- Work collaboratively and contribute to the success of a multidisciplinary team
- Contribute to high performing teams through the development of self and others, emphasizing continuous learning and growth
- Distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Accurately make decisions that guide the product direction with little information
- Understanding what makes an experience good or bad is critical by thinking through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Have the ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Have the knowledge and deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Research and look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and be able to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- Design for the web and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity
- 6+ years of Design experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
- Work closely with other disciplines to understand the design context
- Deliver solutions (research findings, design concepts, content) and participate in the critique process to improve design acceptance
- Develop critical thinking through iteration and design review
- Understanding of the application of design systems, experience with Figma or similar design tools
- You have an online portfolio demonstrating superior product design experiences (required for application)
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB