Onward Search has an exciting freelance UX Designer opportunity with one of their premier clients in Columbus, OH. This role is with the Cybersecurity & Technology Controls Product Organization. Being a member of this team takes a pure passion for technology, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. Working in tandem with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop adversaries and strengthen the security of our data.
- Translate abstract concepts and complex visions into elegant user interfaces and experiences
- Leverage existing corporate design languages to ensure consistency and predictability of user experience
- Experience showcasing a variety of deliverables (e.g. annotated wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, sitemaps, research, interactive prototypes) that demonstrate a thoughtful approach to solving complex design problems
- Ability to consider the End User experience holistically, which will include creation of how-to documentation and information portals (e.g. Confluence) that will provide persona driven/contextual information and help guides
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Experience in using Axure RP or other prototyping tools
- Experience with common design software (i.e. Photoshop, Sketch)
- Experience in content management systems and/or product help tools
- Demonstrated understanding of colour theory, composition, typography, and other design basics
- Understanding of common design patterns (how users expect things to be laid out), including information architecture
- Iterative user testing to determine which designs work best with target customer group
- Ability to develop excellent design briefs – collecting and interpreting information about what a design needs to do
- Very strong communications skills
- Consultative skills
- Experience in Confluence would be a bonus
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.