Onward Search has a new opportunity with a big financial client in Jersey City, NJ. This opportunity is for a UX Designer that can start immediately onsite at our client’s office. In this role, you will leverage your deep understanding of experience design for digital products. This is a hands-on and very collaborative designer role, if you’re interested apply right now!
- Find ways of incorporating the customer experience into daily work
- Work closely with and contribute to the success of a multidisciplinary team
- Contribute to high performing teams through the development of self and others, emphasizing continuous learning and growth
- Distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Accurately make decisions that guide the product direction with little information
- Research and look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and be able to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- Deliver solutions (research findings, design concepts, content) and participate in critique process to improve design acceptance
- Must have 3 to 5 years of design experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in design
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating superior product design experiences (required for application)
- Strong understanding of what makes an experience good or bad by thinking through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Knowledge and deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Ability to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity
- Understanding of application of design systems, experience with Sketch, Invision and Figma
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB