Our client, a top consumer electronics company, is looking for a Senior UX Designer for a 6+ month contract to join their team.
You will use a variety of methods, including wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups and specifications to communicate design thinking to senior leadership, engineering and product partners at every phase of product development. You will collaborate on a daily basis with a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of design and research professionals working on some of the most challenging opportunities at Logitech today.
The right UX Designer is focused on the intersection of human behavior and technology. You have the precision of a researcher, the logic of an engineer, and can capably generate many solutions to a problem and design approaches to test them.
- Design vision-level, heroic happy path experiences while developing the strategy for future product iterations
- Be comfortable with contributing to both software and hardware initiatives
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, esthetically engaging, but which also produces results
- Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
- Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards
- Present concepts, help facilitate ideation sessions, and workshops with internal teams
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience using best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- In-depth experience with desktop and mobile application design
- Service or industrial design experience
- Experience with a wide range of consumer electronics and connected devices
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Additional design skills in related fields including motion design and prototyping
- Relentless customer focus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with streaming video or content creation a plus
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB