Onward Search is hiring a Sr. UX Strategist for a prominent client with offices Columbus, Ohio for an onsite direct hire opportunity!
PLEASE NOTE: While this position is located onsite in Columbus, candidates from outside of that market are encouraged to apply. A generous relocation package is available. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- As a top-level consultant on the User Experience (UX) Team, you will be focused on driving holistic, human-centered solutions across a wide range of projects at the company
- You will be responsible for helping the business identify and define problems and opportunities, prioritize and set direction, and give definition around abstract concepts – moving from vision to action
- Using your expertise in user-centered research methodologies, particularly generative and exploratory, you will provide thought leadership and partner closely with clients as you plan, develop and execute research and deliver actionable insights
- Your ability to think strategically, have a deep understanding of user and business needs, synthesize information, and tell a compelling story will be key to your success
- You should be passionate about defining problems, creating experiences that help people, and being a tireless advocate for the end user while also cultivating that same passion in your fellow UX team members and inspiring them to deliver the same high-quality work
- Oversee the User Experience Team deliverables and methodologies to ensure they align with and meet business and user goals
- Plan, initiate and lead research, client presentations, workshops, and discussions.
- Use critical thinking techniques to move thoughts and discussions from broad to specific
- Communicate experience principles to all parts of the business and apply these principles to your rationale
- Clearly understand the business space, audiences and phases in the customer journey
- Champion a customer experience approach, when appropriate, to better understand how digital experiences can support and enhance cross channel experiences
- Help define specific product features by integrating inputs from a wide range of sources including qualitative and quantitative research
- Discover insights across industries and categories that drive our clients to success.
- Influence the direction and quality of work via thought leadership and mentoring
- Highly successful problem solver that is organized, detailed and extremely collaborative
- Highly competent and comfortable with the range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, tools and techniques
- Passionate, positive and capable of making incredibly complex things simple
- Strong communication, presentation, and creative challenge-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary
- Deep understanding of the user experience landscape – one that draws on your knowledge of generative and evaluative research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, content strategy and your understanding of the possibilities and limitations of technology
- Be comfortable with and have experience in planning, facilitating and participating in opportunity workshops, brainstorming activities, and other idea-generating team sessions
- Deep expertise and practice of the fundamentals in a number of research methodologies, especially ethnography and contextual inquiries and be able to identify the right methodology given the learning objective
- Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and present the results to stakeholders, translating those insights into meaningful, actionable design criteria, business strategies and/or artifacts
- Ability to switch easily between different projects, and flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering quality results
- Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects to deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Business strategy: collaboratively work with clients to identify and frame the business problem/challenge and connect business objectives to actionable customer insights.
- Insight: ability to read between the lines and distil disparate sources of information into a crystal clear, inspiring story, rich with insights
- Facilitation: establish valued and trusted relationships across departments; facilitate a collaborative process, internally and externally, while keeping the customer experience at the heart of the process. Align stakeholders across multiple operational functions toward a common vision
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Cognitive Sciences, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Anthropology, or related fields
- 8+ years of experience in synthesizing and evangelizing complex research studies, user experience design and/or related field
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB