Our client, a top financial company in Downtown LA is looking for a Visual Designer for a 12+ month freelance opportunity. This person needs to have corporate design experience. They are looking for candidates with strong Digital or Visual design skills. Candidates should have experience in gathering business/product requirements and developing design strategy and execution. Position requires hands on design.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Under general supervision, leads the creation of visual design recommendation and required artifacts. Collaborates with creative, product, technical and business stakeholders.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing user data (qualitative, quantitative) to inform the design. Creates artifacts such as mockups, typographic systems, animation, interactive or static prototypes, illustration and photography deliverables and recommendations.
- Designs solutions inclusive of user requirements, design patterns & best practices, technology trends and project requirements. Gathers and incorporates feedback from end users, project stakeholders, technical and design teams.
- Works with UX designers and writers to create final artifacts.
- Presents design concepts and explains rationale to team members and stakeholders. Receives and analyzes feedback and makes appropriate adjustments to recommendations.
- Provides input to technical teams during development phase to ensure interactions are developed as designed. Monitors feedback and analytics to recommend and prioritize iterative improvements.
- Creates prototypes to illustrate design and interaction concepts. Demonstrates advanced skills with industry standard prototyping software on Mac OS.
- Demonstrates user experience leadership to the creative team. Provides thought leadership, expertise and mentorship to others. Initiates and leads projects to improve overall digital experience by continuously evaluating user behavior, design and structure.
- Partners with external vendors to influence and advocate for consistency and usability standards. Collaborates within team and other departments to leverage and share ideas and recommendations to apply broadly across multiple channels.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of design and prototyping software and techniques on MAC OS
Demonstrates the ability to lead projects of significant size and scop
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Requires 4-6 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.