Onward Search is looking for a Sr. Full-Stack Web Developer to join our prominent agency client in Charlotte for an onsite contract-to-hire opportunity! The position is expected to require 40 hrs/wk and benefits are available during the contract period.
PLEASE NOTE: This position sits onsite in Charlotte, North Carolina, but candidates from outside of that market who are willing to relocate to Charlotte are encouraged to apply. However, please also note that this is a contract-to-hire role and relocation assistance will not be provided.
- The developer will join the creative team and work closely with a multidisciplinary team to build engaging digital experiences, from concept to deployment.
- Fresh thinking and a passion for utilizing new technologies to provide creative solutions for our clients is a must.
- Build CMS-backed websites and landing pages using PHP/MySQL
- Integrate with third-party web services and APIs
- Test and debug across multiple platforms and devices
- Work across teams to enhance and expand ideas and concepts
- 5+ years of open-source, full-stack development experience in an agency or creative environment
- Bachelor's Degree in web development, information technology, or a similar field. Certifications, training, and experience may be substituted.
- Solid development background utilizing PHP and MySQL
- Experience with responsive design and best practices
- Experience with front-end build tools and pre-processors such as Gulp, Sass and Babel
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Unix development environment and command line
- Experience with open-source content management systems such as Craft CMS and WordPress
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus
- Experience with iOS or Android application development a plus
- Ability to skillfully manage a high volume of work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and effectively communicate progress
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong examples of proven, innovative, modern development work REQUIRED and should be submitted at time of application. Online portfolio, active links, or GitHub repository preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.